Grow, Cook and Preserve the Food Your Family Needs…
Hi, I’m Jennifer,
I’m a wife, homeschooling mom, and whole foods cook.
For years I struggled to buy healthy food for my family on a tight budget. I felt like I had a dual personality. On one hand, I was determined that my boys would not grow-up eating “frankenfood” and struggling to maintain a healthy weight; after all, two of my sons already had chronic health issues. Then, on the other hand, I counted every penny I spent, so how could I possibly shop at Whole Foods or any other natural food market? Have you seen what they are asking for a loaf of bread?
Then I discovered some simple food preservation methods and back-to-basics skills that allowed me to easily feed my boys healthy food on a shoestring budget. At first I thought it would take a ton of time and work, but it really doesn’t. Come to find out, sometimes, you can fix from scratch food faster than running to the store. Now I teach these techniques to help people save money and live a healthier lifestyle.
One of my sons is completely cured of his chronic asthma. His doctor once told me he could stop breathing in the middle of the night. Yes, it was that serious and we’ve come that far! Also, my other son is greatly improved. All of my children are at a healthy weight. I still struggle with my weight, but my food choices are greatly improved. The thing is, I know I have not passed down the “frankenfood diet” to them.
Although these methods and techniques are simple, they are becoming a lost tradition. It’s true–nothing stays the same, time marches on, and sometimes unused (or unneeded) skills are forgotten and abandoned, but these skills have been all but wiped out in only two generations. My grandmother and my mother did not preserve food, but my great-grandmother did. She even had a canning kitchen in her basement. I can only imagine her sense of security and accomplishment after she canned the harvest from her garden. She was a self reliant woman!
The problem is that these food preservation methods are still useful and extremely needed today and for the future. I’ve been a teacher almost all of my life. Being the eldest of three children I was often my brother’s and sister’s teacher and caretaker. I taught in the public school system, today I homeschool my boys, and I teach others these valuable forgotten skills.
Knowing just a few of these simple skills could sustain you in harsh economic times. People who are unable to take care of themselves in troubled times are more likely to suffer from depression, malnutrition, and the frustration of not being able to get out of their situation.
Simply put, the more self reliant you are the better choices you can make for you and your family. You end up saving a lot of money and living a greener life as well.
If you practice just a few of these traditions and skills you’ll live a more self reliant lifestyle and be prepared for almost anything!
Sure, you can find some of the information that I teach on YouTube or in books, but how do you know it’s correct? The author is not available for you to ask questions, and a YouTuber may or may not get back to you. You can take a class if you can find one. They’re not all that plentiful. Trust me, I’ve looked! And if you’re lucky enough to find one you’ll have to juggle your schedule to be in the class at the appointed time, and take really good notes because the class will not be recorded–there are no rewinds in a class setting! Then you’ll usually have to pay A LOT of money for the class.
Self Reliant School is a solution to these problems!
Is Becoming A Member Right For You?
By Becoming A Member Of Self Reliant School You Will Get:
- Video lessons on growing, cooking, food preserving and back-to-basics skills
- Tips on how to preserve the nutrition in the food you’re “Putting Up”
- Printable tutorials that can be used as quick reference sheets in the kitchen with each lesson
- 24 hour access to all our classes–view them any time day or night
- Access to 2-3 new videos every month plus all of your previously released classes
- Links to discussions and community resources and access to our private Facebook group
- Access to original recipes
- Member only giveaways and special offers
- And much more
Classroom Space Is Limited
Because Bill and I are always around to provide help we can’t have an unlimited amount of members. After all, we’re only human. Even though we’d love to help everyone in the world, we’re only two people and have to limit the number of members we can have.
Each member gets our personal attention. We answer questions, troubleshoot problems and give as many options and alternative methods as possible. If you think this is an environment where you can learn best then please give our classes a try.
You can cancel your membership at any time.
Self Reliant School Can Save You Almost $1,800+ A Year
The reality is you simply won’t find classes like this anywhere for any price. However if you were lucky enough to find a class chances are that it would be around $150 a month. Then if you kept taking classes in the same price range for one year you’re at $1,800. Mind you that’s just one class. We offer more than one class so really your savings are multiplied.
If you think being part of the Self Reliant School community is for you then click below.
I’ll see you in the first class!
The Canning eCourse
You Will Learn:
- Proper, safe canning techniques
- Equipment needed for safe canning
- How to water bath can step-by-step
- How to can fruits and make jams, jellies, fruit butters, and more
- How to make and can your own juice
- How to safely can vegetables
- When to use a pressure canner and when it’s safe to water bath can
- How to can meat, beans, soups and chili
The Dehydrating eCourse
You Will Learn:
- How to know if a dehydrated food is safe to put into long term storage
- How to store dehydrated food for long term storage
- Equipment you need to get started, and what equipment that’s not essential
- How to prepare fruits and vegetables for the fastest drying times
- How to make your own spice mixes
- Why do you have to check some fruit and not others–what are the best methods
- Which foods need to be cooked and which ones can be dehydrated raw
- How to cook with dehydrated food
- Specific instructions for dehydrating eggs, meat, fish and dairy products
- How to make your own spices and instant food
- How to make specialty foods like candied fruit and kale chips
The Homebrewing eCourse
Want to make sodas without high fructose syrup? That right there is reason enough to take this class, but there are so many more reasons! Make your own apple cider, then move onto harder beverages. We really hope you’ll dive in and start making your own beverages. Talk about a great barter item in hard times! You’ll get a great understanding about how yeast and fermentation work and why they are needed in homebrewing.
You Will Learn:
- Which tools are necessary and not necessary for homebrewing
- What role yeast plays in the homebrewing process and which kind to use for each brew
- How to make root and fruit sodas
- How to make your own cider press
- How to make apple cider both hard and soft
- How to make mead, wine and beer
The Bread Making eCourse (Classes Are Being Rolled Out Weekly)
Our Bread Making eCourse starts by covering the science of bread making and then moves from using commercial yeast to using natural yeast. We’ll cover leavened and unleavened breads, soft breads, sweet breads and much more. Come take this course to learn how to make the healthiest bread for your family.
You Will Learn:
- All about yeast and wheat
- The science of how bread is made
- The difference between white and wheat flour and how it affects bread
- How to start and care for a sourdough starter
- How to make pizza dough, crackers and donuts
- How to make pasta, biscuits and cinnamon rolls
- How to use gluten free and low carb options
The Hydroponics eCourse (Classes Are Being Rolled Out Weekly)
Our Hydroponics eCourse covers everything from small commercial set-ups to building your own set-ups. You’ll learn the difference between growing organically and conventionally in a hydroponics set-up and the pros and cons to each.
You Will Learn:
- Types of hydroponics and aquaponics systems
- Commercial hydroponics systems
- The difference between growing organic and non-organic hydroponic food and the pros and cons of each
- How to build a wick system
- How to build a water culture system
- How to build drip system
- How to build an ebb and flow system
- How to build an aquaponics system
The Pressure Cooking eCourse (Classes Are Being Rolled Out Weekly)
There really is such a thing as whole food fast. Cooking under pressure gives you the opportunity to cook your food faster while retaining more nutrients. You’ll learn how to pressure cook in both a stove top and an electric pressure cooker. (This course focuses on the Instant Pot.)
You Will Learn:
- How to cook under pressure
- How to safely pressure cook on stove top and in an electronic pressure cooker
- How to pressure cook meats, poultry and fish
- How to pressure cook grains
- How to pressure cook vegetables
- How to convert recipes for pressure cooking
- How to pressure cook fabulous desserts
- Everything about the Instant Pot (my favorite pressure cooker)
We Are Growing–And Fast!
We deliver 2 to 3 new high quality video classes with print materials each month. So new video and print materials cost you less than a cup of coffee. Each video is a carefully thought out step-by-step lesson. After watching each lesson you will be able to duplicate what was taught in your own home. And if you have problems you can email us, tag us or talk to us in the SRS members-only Facebook group. You won’t find that on YouTube!
Our price is based on over 30 hours of released video plus the additional classes we release each month.
Just choose whether you’d like a monthly or one year membership and click the Select button to securely enter your billing information. We’ll take care of the rest!
You will receive instant access to the Self Reliant School Membership area where all of our classes are located. Then just decide which class you want to take first!